Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Kuma's Corner

Kuma's Corner
2900 W. Belmont
Chicago, IL 60618


This past weekend was full of really a lot of good eats: Minnie's for lunch on Friday followed by a four course meal at Phil Stefani's 437 Rush for dinner; brunch at Orange on Saturday and then dinner at Fonda del Mar. Now, I'm not saying Kuma's Corner necessarily ruined that trend. It really was good.

I had the Yob burger: Smoked gouda, roasted red peppers, bacon, and roasted garlic mayo.

Here are pictures of my leftovers since I forgot my camera when we went:





Drew had the May special: The Swine flu burger. It had chorizo hash, tortilla strips, roasted green chile, pico de gallo, cilantro, and cream sauce (although we both agreed it tasted like Indian food).

I should point out that I also swayed Drew away from the Slayer: a pile of fries with a 1/2 lb. burger on top, chili, cherry peppers, andouille, jack cheese, onions, and anger.

Yes, the burgers were good. Pretzel bread buns were a nice touch. The appetizer was also good: waffle fries with pulled pork and jack cheese (well, ga-duh these were good. The bbq sauce was just Sweet Baby Ray's though, I'm pretty sure). They had homemade chips, which I always appreciate. But was all that worth waiting (both to get a table and subsequently at the table) 3 hours? Nyyeeeehprobably not.

Looks like DC is 2-0 in the Great Burger-Off with Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment