Friday, July 3, 2009

Eggs Benedict. Eh.....not really but kind of.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who, when mapping out daily meals, thinks: "Hmmm. I better eat a real meal now if I want to be hungry for ice cream later." However, I still like to believe thinking like this should be lauded if it leads to something this good.



Welcome to my bastardized eggs benedict. It's true: I was expecting failure. And when I took them out of the water, I thought these eggs were utter disaster. It's odd when you can overcook something in two minutes.

And they probably were a little overcooked compared to other poached eggs I've had, but after I put everything together with Drew's sweet potato biscuits (they were great and thank you) and Morningstar sausage patties, I was delighted to discover that they were DELICIOUS. I can't emphasize that enough, so it gets caps, bold, and italics: DELICIOUS.


(I took that picture to emphasize the disappointing yolks. But then when I started eating them the yolk did break. By that time, though, I wanted to eat, so that part of the actual success gets no picture.)

Then I added some chili lime Cholula I found in the fridge and ohhohohoho...ZOMGZ. So good.

No comments:

Post a Comment