Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Salmon Potato Chowder


This is a recipe we got out of the daily soup cookbook. it was good. Katrina also did her famous rosemary biscuits. She can post the recipe for that some other time cause i'm not sure where it is.

- Sweat 1 onion, 2 celery stalks, 1 fennel bulb in a large stockpot with butter
- Add 2 tsp thyme, 1tsp fennel seeds, 2 bay leaves, 2 tsp salt and stir
- Add 6 red bliss potatoes 1-inch cubed, 4 cups veg stock, 1 cup tomato juice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 min.
- Add 2 large salmon fillets 1-inch cubed. Simmer 2 minutes
- Remove from heat and add 1.5 cups heavy cream and 2 tb chopped tarragon

We halved this recipe and it worked out good although we didn't have heavy cream so we used a dash of milk and i think it was a bad idea. It was still good though. I wonder if it's frowned upon to put recipes online from a book you have to actually buy. Luckily no one reads this.

1 comment:

  1. I was actually just thinking, "I bet we just infringed on some copyright laws by posting that recipe." Oh well. And I know I just told you think on the phone, but I'm SO HUNGRY.

    ReplyDelete